Marriage Put Back Together After Divorce
My wife and I have been married for 10 years, divorced for 1 year, and remarried for 4 years —of course to each other.
You may ask, how is it the second time around? It’s absolutely marvelous, we never argue, we never say the wrong things to each other, and we are always happy. If only it were so! No, we do argue, and we do miscommunicate with each other, and we are not always happy. But that’s all part of having a successful marriage.
In our first marriage God was not a part of it. I was the most inconsiderate man that any woman could ever have been married to. I was an alcoholic and a drug addict who eventually became a gangster. My wife had to live ten years of absolute hell with me.
She, however, loved me and told me continually that the reason she stayed with me was because she believed the man that she had met 10 years before would return. My wife did not divorce me; I left her for a younger girl and divorced her.
My six year old daughter who had never been into a church found out from her teacher that she should pray for God to bring her daddy back. God answered her prayer.
I want to say that if one is having marriage problems and wants to get divorced, I don’t recommend it. I believe with God any marriage can be successful. It just depends how much you are prepared to sacrifice. My precious wife was prepared to sacrifice everything. I thank God for her.
True testimony given from a subscriber from South Africa.
Comments279 Responses to “Marriage Put Back Together After Divorce”
Join the Discussion!
But please observe the following guidelines:
- Try to be as positive as possible when you make a comment.
- If there is name-calling, or profane language, it will be deleted.
- The same goes with hurtful comments targeted at belittling others; we won't post them.
- Recommendations for people to divorce will be edited out–that's a decision between them and God, not us.
- If you have a criticism, please make it constructive.
- Be mindful that this is an international ministry where cultural differences need to be considered.
- Please honor the fact this is a Christ-centered web site.