The following is the Mission and Vision that God has given to us for this ministry:
Marriage Missions International exists to inspire, encourage, and equip those who are married and those who are preparing for marriage, by providing practical, Biblical resources through e-mail, our web site, teaching and one-on-one opportunities, revealing the heart of Christ within marriage, so they are better able to:
“Be imitators of God as dearly beloved children and to live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” (Ephesians 5:1-2)
Revealing the HEART OF CHRIST within marriage throughout the world.
Through God’s leading, Marriage Missions International will:
Communicate the Biblical world view that marriage is ordained by God and that when we marry, we enter into a binding covenant with each other-with God at the very center of that agreement. Then, helping couples to prepare for and live within their marriages, we will endeavor to:
- Provide an ever increasing number of free, Biblically based resources through the Marriage Missions web site;
- Serve couples throughout the world by sending weekly E-mail Marriage Messages that will challenge and help them to apply God’s Biblical principles in their marriages every day;
- Collaborate with other like-minded ministries, organizations, and individuals in order to broaden the scope and depth of ministry to those who are struggling in their marriages;
- Help pastors, counselors and lay people in third world countries through our web site to enable them to have Biblically based materials to use in helping couples in their indigenous lands;
- Present training opportunities both nationally and internationally to couples who want to become leaders in re-igniting the passion in Christian marriages to be a “living picture” of God’s love to the world;
- Inspire couples and individuals to strengthen their own marriages so they can then reach out to help other couples who need healthy role models;
- Help those who are in full-time Christian service (pastors, missionaries and their spouses, etc.) deal with the issues and pressures of their profession that can tear their own marriages apart;
- Guide individuals and couples who are questioning and struggling to always look first to God’s Word, the Bible, and then to other resources for the answers/solutions they are seeking.