Why DO affairs happen? And how do you recover from something so devastating once you find out that your spouse has cheated on you in this way?
Those are a couple of questions we’d like to address in this article, praying that the resources we send you to will help you in the ways you need it.
“As many as 65 percent of men and 55 percent of women will have an extramarital affair by the time they are forty, according to the Journal of Psychology and Christianity. A Christianity Today survey found that 23 percent of the 300 pastors who responded admitted to sexually inappropriate behavior with someone other than their wives while in the ministry.”
That’s a beginning quote from an article written by Cindy Crosby, in the Summer 2001 edition of Marriage Partnership Magazine, which is now enveloped into the ministry of Todayschristianwoman.com.
We’re going to take you directly to their web site. Please note that they have a few other shorter articles, which are worth reading, at the end of this one.
To read this article:
“This series is for three groups of people:
- The first group are those who are satisfied in their marriage. They’re not being tempted to have an affair. This is a great series for you to listen to just to keep the home fires burning and to be encouraged and to also watch for the danger signs in your own life.
- “Secondly, this is a series for those who are being tempted.
- “The third group are those who are trapped, they’re ensnared, and they need hope and they need healing. We’re going to provide that hope and healing because this is really the purpose of this book —to guide someone out of the trap and to help bring them back to full reconciliation and restoration in the marriage relationship. “
To download the broadcasts or read the transcripts for these broadcasts, please click onto:
• WHY DO AFFAIRS HAPPEN? (Day 1 of 5)
• WHAT CAUSES AFFAIRS (Day 2 of 5)
• WHERE DO AFFAIRS START? (Day 3 of 5)
• HOW DO I COME CLEAN? (Day 4 of 5)
• HOW DO I REBUILD TRUST? (Day 5 of 5)
If you have something you can share to help others in this area of marriage, or you want to share requests for prayer and/or ask others for advice, please “Join the Discussion” by adding your comments below.
Filed under: Emotional & Physical Affair