The following are Web Site links and descriptions of resources that married men could find helpful. We pray they will minister to your marriage.
• Familymanweb.com Familyman Ministries started with this mission: “to remind dads of what’s most important.” How to accomplish this mission has grown, along with the ministry. They have podcasts and a weekly email newsletter available. There are also many encouragement products available for moms and dads.
• Husbandrevolution.com This web site is about “taking the road less traveled in marriage.” As they say, “The world has made it to easy for you to walk away. To quit. To give up on the gift that God gave you, your wife. It may even applaud you if you do. The Enemy is working over time to destroy any and all credibility the church has by breaking up our marriages. You are being asked to join a revolution to change not only your marriage but many marriages around you. God has an awesome plan for you and your marriage. He wants you to man up and start loving your wife like Christ loves the church, giving himself up for her (Ephesians 5:25). What would happen if you would start loving your wife this way? What happens if you lead by serving, forgive as Christ forgave, sacrifice your desires for hers, and not just be willing to die for her but to live for her as well? I believe you would see a revival in your marriage like you couldn’t imagine and the world would see Christ like love pouring our of your marriage.”
• Maninthemirror.org This ministry aims to come along side pastors and men’s ministry leaders who are equipping men for success. They are accomplishing their mission and vision through: Men’s Bible Studies, Christian Literature, Seminars, Leadership Training / Networking and various articles and events they post on their web site.
• Mensteppingupblog.com This is a web site, put together by the ministry of Family life, which puts out a “call to courageous manhood.” They are calling men to step up as it concerns, your wife, your children, yourself, your world, your legacy, and more.
• Newmanmag.com This is the web site for New Man Magazine, which is a contemporary magazine for Christian men. On their web site you will find many articles that could help you as a married man.
• Promisekeepers.org This is the web site for the ministry of Promise Keepers —Men of Integrity. Promise Keepers’ mission is to ignite and unite men to become passionate followers of Jesus Christ through the effective communication of seven promises to God, their fellow men, family, church and the world. Promise Keepers’ vision is simply put in three words: “Men Transformed Worldwide.”
• Thedatinghusband.com: This web site has “dating ideas and tips for married Christian men who want to actively love their wife and pursue a lifetime relationship with her.”
• The-generous-husband.com This web site, put together by Paul Byerly, is for men who want to learn ways to love their wives in the generous spirit God has ordained. It’s “an announcement list of ‘generous’ tips,” which are continually added to and shared with you.”
• A Husband After God’s Own Heart: 12 Things That Really Matter in Your Marriage -written by Jim George, and published by Harvest House Publishers. In this book the author covers the topics: • Growing in the Lord • Working as a Team • Learning to Communicate • Enjoying Intimacy • Managing Your Money • Keeping Up the Home • Raising Your Children • Extending Love to Family • Tending Your Career • Making Time for Fun • Serving the Lord • Reaching Out to Others. Also, at the end of each chapter is a section titled: “Little Things that Make a Big Difference” which are applications pertaining to the subject discussed.
• Discovering The Mind Of A Woman: The Key To Becoming A Strong And Irresistible Husband Is… -written by Ken Nair, published by Thomas Nelson. (Steve highly recommends this resource.) This book is about husbands learning to understand their wives as Christ would and then learning to respond to their wives in a consistently Christ-like manner. Not only will it revive your marriage, it has the potential to positively affect the rest of your life to improve relationships with your children, your coworkers, your friends—everyone. This book is painfully honest and very scriptural.
• Every Man’s Battle: Winning the War on Sexual Temptation One Victory at a Time -written by Stephen Arterburn and Fred Stoeker, published by Waterbrook Press, a division of Random House. For any man who has ever struggled with sexual sin (and that’s 99.999% of us) this book is a must read. If you’ve struggled one day, or 50 years, with sexual sin only to find yourself frustrated and guilty that you can’t overcome it, then this book is for you. It can change your marriage too. Arterburn and Stoeker are completely transparent about their own personal struggles with Lust and sexual sin and they give a very practical approach to gaining victory over such areas as pornography, impure thoughts, masturbation, etc. Ultimately, this book is about how to gain victory. They share stories of pastors, worship leaders, deacons and elders. They have stories of white-collar office workers and blue-collar employees. But they all have one thing in common-they were caught in the snare of sexual sin.
• Every Man’s Marriage: An Every Man’s Guide to Winning the Heart of a Woman -written by Stephen Arterburn and Fred Stoeker with Mike Yorkey, published by Waterbrook Press. This book is a perfect follow-up to the best selling book, Every Man’s Battle. In this book, you can discover the common misconceptions about what it means to exercise biblical authority and understand the role of submission in the marriage relationship. It helps men to grasp and apply essential but often overlooked principles for marital leadership. As they say in the introduction to this book, “If you’re willing to trust God and implement what we tell you, some amazing things are going to happen to you and the woman in your life.”
• The Power of a Praying® Husband -written by Stormie Omartian, published by Harvest House Publishers. In 20 short, easy-to-read chapters, Stormie Omartian shares how you can intercede for your wife in areas where she longs for your prayers —her emotions and moods, her spiritual walk, her motherhood, her priorities, her sexuality and more. There are also personal stories from well-known Christian men, as well as advice, prayer ideas, and words from Scripture that will help you shape your requests to God. Some of the contributors to this book are: Neil Anderson, Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael Goldstone, Jack Hayford, Michael Omartian and more.