In Marriage Message #117 we gave you a list of things you can do to increase the romance in your marriage. So how many did you try? If you said there weren’t any on that list that appealed to you, here are even more romantic things you can try. They are written by Doug Fields book, Creative Romance (which unfortunately, is no longer being printed).
Here are some of Doug’s suggestions:
More Romantic Things To Do:
76. Read poetry to one another.
77. Build sand castles on the beach.
78. Take a moonlight canoe ride.
79. Make your spouse a greeting card.
80. Swing together on a playground.
81. Go for a midnight dip in a hot tub.
82. Give your wife a balloon bouquet.
83. Plant a tree together in honor of your marriage.
84. Make heart-shaped pancakes and serve them to your wife in bed.
85. Bring home flowers.
86. Surprise your wife when she’s busy by saying, “What can I do to help?”
87. Take a hot-air balloon ride.
88. Walk through a housing construction site and kiss each other in each house.
89. Count the stars.
90. Prior to a “work day” at home, hide gifts for your spouse in places they’ll find them.
91. Bring a late-night snack and drink to bed.
92. Order different kinds of food at a restaurant.
Additional Romantic Ideas:
93. Whisper something romantic to your spouse in a crowded room.
94. Have a candlelight picnic in the backyard.
95. Play tennis at night under a full moon using no lights.
96. Develop a weekly dining spot to meet for lunch.
97. Share a long piece of licorice without using your hands.
98. Make cookies by candlelight.
99. Unscrew the table-light bulb at your restaurant booth to dim the lights.
You Can Also:
100. Put perfume on your bed sheets.
101. Leave encouraging notes for your spouse that he (she) will find through the week.
102. Go out and play in the mud together and then shower together.
103. Hold hands while roller skating.
104. Write out 50 reasons you’re glad to be married to your spouse.
105. Tickle-wrestle in bed.
106. Go on a walk together and pick flowers.
107. Put an “I Love You!” message in her lunch.
108. Place a rose on her pillow.
Here are More Ideas:
109. Set candles above the bed (carefully!).
110. Serve breakfast in bed.
111. Hide small gifts that your spouse will find throughout the week.
112. Sit and listen carefully to one another.
113. Tuck your wife into bed, read her a scripture and kiss her on the forehead.
114. Remember how you used to laugh at things he (she) thought was funny? Do it again.
115. Write a song for your spouse.
116. Go for a walk barefoot.
Plus, Consider That You Might:
117. Go kite flying.
118. Splash each other.
119. Spend an entire day in the “middle of nowhere.”
120. Dance in your candlelit living room.
121. Walk on the beach.
122. Play a board game by the fire.
123. Reminisce through old photo albums.
124. Go away for the weekend.
125. Go for a moonlit walk down a street of beautiful homes.
126. Rub feet under the table.
127. Kiss in crowded area.
Even More Ideas:
128. Sit on his lap even when there’s sitting room elsewhere.
129. Surprise your spouse with an ice-cold beverage while he/she is working hard.
130. Kiss in the rain.
131. Join him, unexpectedly, in the shower.
132. Mail a love letter to your spouse’s place of work.
133. Create a trail through your home with a string leading your mate to a gift for them.
134. Buy your husband a negligee that you know you’ll look great in.
135. Brush her hair.
136. Ride a carousel or a merry-go-round.
137. Take a bike ride —on the same bike.
138. Hug while you roll down a hill (choose a grassy hill).
139. Leave teasing notes around the house to create an atmosphere of anticipation.
140. Use a tender-touch as you pass one another around the house.
141. Share a milk shake with two straws.
142. Take the phone off the hook, turn down the lights and kiss on the floor.
143. Put flowers in front of her sink and write a love note with lipstick on the mirror.
144. Dedicate a song to her over the radio.
145. Break away from the family long enough to share an intimate conversation.
146. Wink and smile at your spouse from across the room.
147. Kiss your spouse’s fingers.
148. Celebrate for no reason.
149. Leave a photo of yourself on his dashboard.
150. Give your husband a manicure.
151. Using plastic cups, create your own miniature golf course by placing the cups in different locations around the house and have fun creatively playing the game together.
152. Fill your bed with rose petals.
153. Play strip canasta.
And Then There Are More:
154. Remember something she thinks you’ve forgotten.
155. Stand together in front of a lake and watch your reflections.
156. Hug for an extended period of time.
157. Leave your lip-prints on a note.
158. Sit in front of the window during a rainstorm.
159. Do something together to help someone else.
160. Take a fun class together.
161. Go rock-skipping.
162. Ride a bicycle-built-for-two.
163. Fall asleep holding each other.
164. Draw your spouse a stick figure picture of something romantic.
165. Tell your wife you will take her anywhere she wants to go.
166. Call your husband during the day and remind him of your love for him.
167. Get up some morning and head out in the car together without planning one thing.
A Few More Ideas to Glean From:
168. Have a hot bubble-bath ready for her when she comes home.
169. Ask your spouse, “What can I do to make you happier?”
170. Buy new satin sheets.
171. Try to go away for the weekend and spend only $20.
172. Break your after-dinner routine and go sightseeing.
173. Mail a love letter to your spouse’s place of work.
174. Reminisce about your first kiss or your first date.
175. Drop everything and do something for the one you love —right now!
And, if you want additional ideas, please visit our “ROMANTIC IDEAS” section.
Have fun as you improve the romance in your marriage!
Steve and Cindy Wright
More from Marriage Missions
Filed under: Marriage Messages