Why DO affairs happen? And how do you recover from something so devastating once you find out that your spouse has cheated on you in this way?
Those are a couple of questions we’d like to address in this article, praying that the resources we send you to will help you in the ways you need it.
“As many as 65 percent of men and 55 percent of women will have an extramarital affair by the time they are forty, according to the Journal of Psychology and Christianity. A Christianity Today survey found that 23 percent of the 300 pastors who responded admitted to sexually inappropriate behavior with someone other than their wives while in the ministry.”
That’s a beginning quote from an article written by Cindy Crosby. It’s a great article that we recommend you read. That’s why we’re going to take you directly to a web site that has it posted. This way you can read what Cindy says in this article for yourself. We highly recommend that you do so.
To read this article:
– ALSO –
The ministry of Family Life Today put together a series of radio broadcasts where the host Dennis Rainey interviewed Dave Carder, author of the book, Torn Asunder: Recovering From an Extramarital Affair —which they named this radio series.
“This series is for three groups of people:
- The first group are those who are satisfied in their marriage. They’re not being tempted to have an affair. This is a great series for you to listen to just to keep the home fires burning and to be encouraged and to also watch for the danger signs in your own life.
- “Secondly, this is a series for those who are being tempted.
- “The third group are those who feel trapped. They’re ensnared, and they need hope and they need healing. We’re going to provide that hope and healing because this is really the purpose —to guide someone out of the trap. It’s also to help bring them back to full reconciliation and restoration in the marriage relationship. “
To download the broadcasts or read the transcripts for these broadcasts, please click onto:
- WHY DO AFFAIRS HAPPEN? (Day 1 of 5)
- WHAT CAUSES AFFAIRS (Day 2 of 5)
- WHERE DO AFFAIRS START? (Day 3 of 5)
- HOW DO I COME CLEAN? (Day 4 of 5)
- HOW DO I REBUILD TRUST? (Day 5 of 5)
To read the transcripts for these broadcasts (they’re well worth reading), please click onto:
If you have something you can share to help others, please “Join the Discussion” by adding your comments below.
More from Marriage Missions
Filed under: Emotional & Physical Affair