MISSION and VISION STATEMENTS for MARRIAGE MISSIONS INTERNATIONAL
The following are the Mission and Vision statements that God has given to us for this ministry:
Mission Statement for Marriage Missions:
Marriage Missions is a Titus 2 web based ministry that teaches and encourages men and women to Reveal and Reflect the Heart of Christ within Marriage.
We see it as our mission to:
“Teach what is in accord with sound doctrine. Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness. Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children...” (Titus 2:1-4)
We are to also teach them to:
“Be imitators of God as dearly beloved children and to live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.“ (Ephesians 5:1-2)
Vision statement for Marriage Missions:
Through God’s leading, Marriage Missions International will:
Communicate the Biblical world view that marriage is ordained by God. We believe when we marry, we enter into a binding covenant with each other. God is at the center of that agreement. To do so:
- We will make available an ever increasing number of free, Biblically web based marriage resources.
- We will serve people throughout the world by sending weekly E-mail Marriage Insights. The purpose of these Insights is to challenge and help them to apply God’s Biblical principles in their marriages.
- Marriage Missions will collaborate with other like-minded ministries, organizations, and individuals to help those who are married.
- We will help pastors, counselors and lay people through our web site. Our goal is to enable them to have Biblically based materials.
- Through Marriage Missions we will inspire couples and individuals to strengthen their own marriages. From this strengthened position they can then reach out to help others who need healthy role models.
- We will help those who are in full-time Christian ministry (pastors, missionaries and their spouses, etc.) to deal with the issues their profession brings that can tear their own marriages apart.
- We guide struggling individuals and couples to look FIRST to God’s Word, the Bible. They can then look to other resources for the solutions they are seeking.