The following are Web Site Links and resource recommendations that can help in dealing with assorted marriage issues. We pray you will find them to be helpful for your own relationship.
• Focusonthefamily.com This is the web site for the great ministry of Focus on the Family. This ministry actually DOES focus on issues important to the family and how they relate to each other, and to Christ. One of the many features of this web site can be found when you place your cursor over the top bar that says “Relationship and Marriage.” A drop-down box will appear and you can select your choice of related topics and articles to read. They also have resources you can obtain that will help you in whatever area of marriage and family life you need help.
• Familylife.com This the web site for the ministry of Family Life Today, which is a division of Campus Crusade for Christ. This is a terrific ministry and they have a great web site that you could find very helpful. They give help to people in all areas of family life — too numerous to name all of them. But a few are radio broadcasts you can either listen to on your computer, or read the transcripts, conferences you can sign up to attend, articles you can read, e-mail tips on a variety of subjects you can sign up to receive, great resources you can read about and obtain. We truly appreciate this ministry more than we can say!
More Assorted Marriage Issues Web Sites:
• Focus on the Family – Global Outreach This is the web site page for the ministry of Focus on the Family which shows their international ministries. On this web site page you will be able to read about the countries they are broadcasting in but also you can access the web sites which are located in Australia, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand, and South Africa. You can do that by selecting the web site link provided, for the country you want to visit.
• Justmoved.org Just Moved is committed to the spiritual growth and emotional well-being of women who are going through the adjustment of moving. They are committed to strength and minister to the family through Biblical teaching. Just Moved ministers through their Web site, and radio broadcasts. They also offer teaching materials, books, videos, conferences, and speaking engagements. In addition there are Newsletters, prayer support, and their Moving On After Moving In classes. These classes are currently offered in over two-thirds of the U.S. and in countries throughout the world.
Additional Marriage Issues Web Sites:
• Lesandleslie.com This is the web site for Dr Les and Dr Leslie Parrott who are a husband-and-wife team who not only share the same name, but the same passion for helping others build healthy relationships. In 1991, the Parrotts founded the Center for Relationship Development on the campus of Seattle Pacific University —a groundbreaking program dedicated to teaching the basics of good relationships. Their web site has devotionals and free videos that you can view, which gives relationship advice on many different subjects to help you in your married lives together. We highly advise that you visit their web site to see what they can offer you.
• Liferelationships.com The mission of The Center for Relationship Enrichment (with Gary Oliver) is to help students, individual, couples, families, churches and organizations cultivate healthy relationships through Christ-centered consulting, education and enrichment at a local, regional, national and international level. Their goal is to impact relationships for a lifetime. You will find all kinds of articles and a question and answer section, etc. If you go into the section titled “Resources” and then select “articles” you can “select a category” that pertains to the marriage problem you want to address. Also in that same area of the web site you can select “Q&A” which will answer various questions.
• Loveandrespect.com This is the web site for the ministry of Love and Respect with Emerson Eggerichs. By far, he and his wife Sarah, put on one of the best marriage conferences we’ve ever attended. The ministry of Focus on the Family endorses these conferences. And that is with good reason. God speaks powerfully through what is presented. You can go to their web site to check out where the conferences will be presented. Plus, you can see what else they make available (some of it for free) to enrich your marriage.
• Marriagebuilders.com On this web site you will be introduced to different ways to overcome marital conflicts. You will also find articles telling you some of the quickest ways to restore love. Dr Willard F. Harley, Jr. has helped thousands of marriages work through the pain of unresolved conflict. He has also helped to build marriages to be healthy and productive.
• Prisonmarriageministry.org This is the web site for the National Marriage Encounter Prison Ministry. As they say, “If you’re serious about staying together and strengthening your marriage, National Marriage Encounter Prison Ministry can help. It is our hope to provide meaningful support while you are suffering the stress of incarceration.” They do this several different ways. They offer short segments of the Marriage Encounter program, plus support materials. They have a book they offer, and they also have Marriage Encounter programs for Chaplains.
ASSORTED MARRIAGE ISSUES RECOMMENDED RESOURCES:
• Choosing to Cheat: Who Wins When Family and Work Collide? -written by Andy Stanley, published by Thomas Nelson. As Dr John Maxwell says about this book (which we agree): “This is a life-changing book and extremely relevant to our modern way of life. Author Andy Stanley confronts us with truth and transparency. Just as he had made a commitment in his own life to balance his family time with his work, he encourages us to make similar commitments.” This book presents a strategic plan for resolving the tension between work and home. You’ll find ways to deal with the busyness that wreaks havoc with the relationships you consider most important.”
• Creating an Intimate Marriage: Rekindle Romance Through Affection, Warmth and Encouragement -written by Jim Burns, published by Bethany House Publishers. As author Jim Burns says, “My hope and prayer is that the words in this book will bring as much healing and health to your relationship as they have to mine. Our daily radio program which broadcasts all across America and on the Internet, is also a great resource for you. I hope we not only develop a relationship through this book but also continue that relationship through the many avenues of service we provide at Home Word.”
More Marriage Issues Recommended Resources:
• His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage -by Dr Willard Harley, published by Revell. In this book, Willard Harley identifies the ten most vital needs of men and women. It also shows husbands and wives how to satisfy those needs in their spouses. This best-seller identifies the causes of marital difficulties. It also instructs couples on how to prevent them. And it guides them to build a relationship that increases intimacy.
• I Love You More: How Everyday Problems Can Strengthen Your Marriage -written by Drs Les and Leslie Parrott, published by Zondervan. This book is written on the principle of “how to make the thorns in your marriage come up roses.” It aims to “turn you marriage’s prickly issues into opportunities to love each other more as you learn how. Plus you “get an inside look at the very soul of your marriage. And it shows you how connecting with God can connect you to each other in ways you never dreamed.”
• Your Marriage Masterpiece: God’s Amazing Design for Your Life Together -written by Al Janssen. This is a Focus on the Family Book, published by Tyndale House Publishers. This outstanding book focuses on the Biblical foundations to marriage. It helps you to see clearer what God’s design and model is for marriage. In today’s world marriage is often undervalued and isn’t appreciated enough. But this book “takes a fresh look at the exquisite design God had for your marriage. Plus, it brings to light the reasons your union was intended to last a lifetime.”
Additional Recommended Resources:
• The Best Thing I Ever Did for My Marriage: 50 Real Life Stories -written by Nancy Cobb and Connie Grigsby, published by Multnomah. This book contains 50 eye-opening, often humorous true stories. They include contributions from Cynthia Heald, Dee Brestin, Rosemary Jensen, and Donna Otto—that will inspire you with moments that build stronger marriages. It inspires you to: bring down walls between you and your husband. This book also helps you to adjust to differences in your personalities. Additionally it helps you to deal with the damage and heartbreak of betrayal. Also, it helps you to go on living when everything goes terribly wrong.
• The Marriage You’ve Always Wanted How To Grow A Stronger, More Intimate Relationship -written by Tim Clinton and Julie Clinton, published by Word Publishing. This is an interactive Couples Guide on how to grow a stronger, more intimate relationship. In marriage, everyday pressures build. In this book you will find out how to: Recognize the four warning signs of emotional “distancing.” You will also learn how to break harmful patterns that have begun to take root. You will Recapture the closeness you once experienced as a couple. And you will Build a “fortress for three” around your marriage. Each chapter contains an important topic for discussion, a Bible study, and optional activities.