The following are finances links to web sites. Plus there are descriptions of various resources dealing with finances within marriage. We pray they will help you as you work together as a team with God in this area of your marriage.
• Crown.org For Biblically based help on financial matters from investment advice to everyday financial and budgeting questions you can visit this very helpful web site to obtain just about anything you could need to help you manage God’s money to the best of your ability. They even have an international outreach.
• Dave Ramsey.com This ministry believes in making a difference in people’s lives! They provide common-sense education and empowerment. Dave and his staff gives hope to everyone from the financially secure to the financially distressed. He also has a radio program and a TV program. This way you can listen to and/or view, and even take part in it. His web site provides links to do just that. You may even be able to call in or write in and get an answer to your particular questions.
More Marriage and Finances Links:
• Debtproofliving.com This is the web site for DebProof Living Online as well as the monthly Debt-Proof Living Newsletter. It’s filled with articles, regular features and unique, well-researched content and resources. They are designed to help you stretch your dollars and save for those “unexpected expenses.” They also have Online Discussion Boards and a complete archive section. Plus there are other features that are available for your use (as a subscriber) that will help you stay within your budget.
• Elliekay.com — As an author, speaker, media personality and spokesperson, Ellie Kay is helping families around the world gain control of their money and find new meaning in life by expanding their roles in their communities.
• Familylife.com This the web site for the ministry of Family Life Today. This is a great ministry. Plus they have a great web site that you could find very helpful. In particular, if you go into their web site and click into “Articles” and then select “Finances” into their search feature at the top, you will find a long list of articles you can choose to read.
• FOCUS ON FINANCES This part of the Focus on the Family web site centers on the issues of: Budget, Bills, Debt. Money issues are often one of the top concerns for couples. Focus on the Family has the help you need to start practicing sound money management principles. They help you to take control of your finances. With a time-proven online budgeting system and regular one-on-one help, you’ll be able to consistently live within your income. You can eliminate debt and create long-term financial peace of mind.
• Mattaboutmoney.com This is a web site, which features articles and practical tips put together by Matt Bell. Matt is a full-time personal finance writer and speaker. He has authored three books and continually writes articles, and appears on both radio and TV. His goal is to help others get their finances in order. There are two areas of Matt’s web site, which you may be particularly interested in reading through. They are “Money and Marriage” and “Faith and Finances.”
• Five Steps to Financial Freedom: Money Management Made Easy is written by James Wise. This book is published by Hensley Publishing. The principles taught in this book can transform your financial life. They’re logical, practical, and true. The fact that they’re grounded in God’s Word, if you commit to completing this study purely for its financial content, you won’t be disappointed.
In this comprehensive study, author and financial coach James Wise identifies the five scriptural principles for obtaining financial freedom. He shows you exactly how to implement them no matter what your current situation. Through a format that’s uncomplicated, he demonstrates in detail how to set realistic financial goals when it comes to budgeting, saving, reducing debt, and giving. By using information, charts, worksheets, applications, and real-life scenarios from his financial workshops, you’ll discover how easy it actually is to immediately apply what you’ve learned.
• Money and Marriage: A Complete Guide for Engaged and Newly Married Couples is written by Matt Bell. It is published by Nav Press. Getting on the same financial page is essential. Research has shown that the more frequently a couple fights about finances, the more likely they are to divorce. So how do you as an engaged or newly married couple work as a team when dealing with money? Financial expert Matt Bell shows the way. This book will help you make the most of each other’s financial strengths. It teaches you how to work together to build a solid financial future. With this guide, you’ll avoid the pitfalls. And you’ll place yourselves on the path to financial success.
• Living Well on One Income: …In a Two-Income World is written by Cynthia Yates, published by Harvest House Publishers. This book can be considered to be your own seminar—in the privacy of your own home. Cynthia Yates shares her method for living satisfactorily on any income and leads you to the start of a new path. It’s one that will guide you as you journey towards living well on one income. You will also be guided toward living with compassion for others, and at all times living to the glory of God.
• The Word On Finances is written by Larry Burkett, published by Moody Press. This book is an invaluable collection of relevant Scriptures into one easy-to-reference volume. It has topically arranged Bible passages. Plus, it has a concordance that focuses attention on key issues of finance. If you are doing Christian Financial counseling, or just interested in biblical financial principles, this book is a must. Larry Burkett has laid this book out to be an excellent reference with biblical references for each topic.
• The World’s Easiest Guide to Finances is written by Dr Larry Burkett with Randy Southern. It is published by Northfield Publishing. This book offers a quick way to get a handle on: Budgets, Wills, and Trusts, Insurance, Retirement, Charitable Giving, College Planning, Investments, and Debt Reduction. You also get all this and more. You get quick formulas for financial success, and most asked financial questions. Additionally there are stories you can relate to, sample forms for your financial goals, and quizzes. It contains 410 pages packed with financial information. Plus it includes an interactive budgeting CD-Rom.