The following are web site links and recommended resources on Remarriage issues. We pray that you will find them to be helpful for making your remarriage decisions.
- Blendingafamily.com Moe and Paige are the founders of Blending a Family Ministry. It is their desire to see all blended families find God’s Plan and God’s BEST for their lives. Their ministry focuses on helping each family to become a true loving family, providing a solid foundation for their children, established through God’s love, mercy and grace.
- Idotaketwo.com is a guide to 2nd weddings, second marriages and vow renewals. They also have a section of their web site that is devoted to helping widows and widowers who are considering remarriage, which you can find here: Widows and Widowers Category.
- Instepministries.com InStep Ministries with Jeff and Judi Parziale, is a non-profit organization which provides practical, Biblical resources, support and counsel to single, divorced and remarried individuals, their families and the churches who minister to them. InStep is pro-marriage not pro-divorce. They subscribe to the position on marriage and divorce espoused by Fresh Start Ministries.
- Smartstepfamilies.com This is a ministry of: As For Me And My House Ministries with Ron L. Deal as the Director and Southwest Church of Christ of Jonesboro, Arkansas. This web site and the entire ministry is top-notch in the help it offers step families. It has wonderful articles and helpful links to further help you. It also has ministry and therapy training, conferences you can attend-including “Tele-classes” you can sign up for if you can’t attend one of their regular conferences.
- 101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Remarried written by H. Norman Wright, published by Harvest House Publishers. “Respected Christian counselor H. Norman Wright draws from his extensive experience to help couples establish strong, loving marriages. Whether divorced or widowed, people who marry again face unique challenges. Through 101 questions, Norm helps readers know their own views and understand where they agree and disagree with their future mates on finances, roles, sexuality, children, responsibilities, and previous relationship issues. Ideal for couples, study groups, ministers, and counselors.”
- BLENDED FAMILIES: Creating Harmony as You Build a New Home Life written by Maxine Marsolini, published by Moody Press. This book is intended as a tool for personal growth and a guide for small group studies or Christian counseling. The “Growth and Application” questions at the end of each chapter can be applied to all these settings to aid the family’s blending process. This book will work well within a church’s 13 week format for Sunday School classes. As the author said, “One thing for sure—blending doesn’t just happen. We purposely journey into it. And it takes years. I hope knowing that God has a plan for family victory will spur you on to meet these challenges God’s way and see them result in a happy family.”
- GOD BREATHES on BLENDED FAMILIES (Second Edition) written by Moe and Paige Becnel, published by Blending a Family Ministry. This book “is fueled by the experience and passion Moe and Paige have for Blended Families. You will find practical insights and tools that will assist those that find themselves in a Blended Family and for those that are called to serve in marriage and family ministry. God Breathes on Blended Families addresses a pressing cultural need.”
- Saving Your Second Marriage Before It Starts: Nine Questions to Ask Before — and After — You Remarrywritten by Drs Les and Leslie Parrott, published by Zondervan. This is a newly expanded version of a best-seller.” Using the same structure as Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts, Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott address the unique issues of “pre-remarital” families. This book prepares couples for what lies ahead and enables them to tackle the challenges with faith, perseverance, and hope.
- Saving Your Second Marriage Before It Starts Workbook for WOMEN Updated: Nine Questions to Ask Before — and After — You Remarry written by Drs Les and Leslie Parrott, published by Zondervan. “Complete with twenty-eight self-tests—two of them brand-new—and a new group discussion guide, the expanded and updated Saving Your Second Marriage Before It Starts workbooks for men and women will help couples uncover and understand the unique shaping factors they bring into their second marriage both as men and women and as individuals. Exercises and assignments will help couples identify and meld their love styles, face the myths of remarriage honestly, become soul mates, identify each person’s “hot topics,” and much more.”
- Saving Your Second Marriage Before It Starts Workbook for MEN Updated: Nine Questions to Ask Before —and After —You Remarry written by Drs Les and Leslie Parrott, published by Zondervan. “Complete with twenty-eight self-tests—two of them brand-new—and a new group discussion guide, the expanded and updated Saving Your Second Marriage Before It Starts workbooks for men and women will help couples uncover and understand the unique shaping factors they bring into their second marriage both as men and women and as individuals. Exercises and assignments will help couples identify and meld their love styles, face the myths of remarriage honestly, become soul mates, identify each person’s “hot topics,” and much more. The discussion guide in each workbook integrates with the Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts DVD (sold separately and includes seven pre-marriage sessions plus one additional session specifically designed to help prepare couples for remarriage) to facilitate lively and eye-opening interaction. Each session links with the workbook exercises and concludes with exercises each couple can do together between each lesson.”
- SPLIT ASUNDER: Divorce and Remarriage Scripturally Explained This is a free On-Line Book. As the author Craig W. Booth explains, “This is not a self-help book and is not meant to address individual situations. It is, after all, a book dedicated to understanding doctrine. Doctrines are instructions and teachings which are extracted from out of the Word of God through the disciplined reading of passages within their given written contexts, study of the words used in the passages, placing the principles in their proper cultural and linguistic backgrounds, comparing one passage to another for consistency, and attempting to understand what the author meant for us to take away from the passage. It is my heart-felt desire that this work help everyone who may have become confused by the contradictory input they may have experienced previously and to find precisely the principles from God’s Word that will help address their specific questions about the doctrine of marriage.”
- The Remarriage Adventure: Preparing for a Lifetime of Love & Happiness (published by Focus on the Family)written by Dale and Susan Mathis. In this book, “remarrying couples are looking for real answers to help them build successful marriages that last a lifetime. Knowing God’s plan for a biblical marriage is foundational to finding true fulfillment. This up-to-date and easy-to-use premarital guide will help individuals, couples, pastors, counselors, small groups, or premarital classes prepare for the adventure of remarriage.”
- The Smart Stepfamily Marriage: Keys to Success in the Blended Family written by Ron L. Deal and David H. Olson, published by published by Bethany House. “Leading blended family authority Ron Deal and marriage and family expert David Olson show you how to build on your relationship strengths and improve your weaknesses. Whether you’re dating, engaged, a young stepfamily, or an empty-nest couple, The Smart Stepfamily Marriage gives you the tools you need at any stage to create a remarriage that will last. Each chapter of this book explores one of the key qualities of happy remarriages as identified by research. Like a GPS for your relationship, this book has built-in discussion questions that can help you and your partner discover where you are, where you’d like to be, and how to get there. The online survey gives you a report with personalized results for your relationship.”