It is so important to pray for our wives every day. One of the most common types of scriptural prayers is Praying the Armor of God over her (Ephesians 6). This is a way to protect her from the attacks of the enemy of our faith who wants to destroy our marriages. And I agree that is an important prayer.
Following are some prayer points (with scripture references) that take our prayers for our wives to the next level. I suggest that you take a picture of your wife (standing). Then place it in front of you as you go through these prayer points. We men are “visual” beings. That is why I have a picture of Cindy in front of me when I pray for her. I also have the prayer sheet below in front of me. This makes it easier to visualize and pray for each area mentioned in these prayer points, believing that God is pouring out His Spirit on her.
Husbands, you don’t even have to tell your wife you are doing this, but I can tell you if you do this consistently you will see things change —first, in your heart and attitudes, and then in your wife.
[NOTE: It is not imperative that you cover every area of her body at one time. What IS important is to pray for at least one of these areas every day.]
- Lord, help ______ to love you with all of her heart, soul and strength today. (Deuteronomy 6:5)
- Guard ______ heart today from anything that could draw her away from you or us. (Proverbs 4:23)
- Give ______ a new heart and renew your Spirit within her so that she will follow you closely today and always. (Ezekiel 36:26-27)
- Create in ______ a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within her. (Psalm 51:10)
- Help ______ to trust in you (and You alone) with all her heart. Help her to seek YOUR understanding when she needs it. (Proverbs 3:5)
- Let the peace of Christ rule in _______. And may she experience your peace and be thankful. (Colossians 3:15)
- May _______ be encouraged in heart and united in love so that she understands and know the mysteries of God. (Colossians 2:2-3)
- It’s easy for _______ mind get drawn away from you, God, and your knowledge. So, I rebuke and demolish every argument that comes her way. And I pray she takes every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5)
- In all the distractions that could come to _______ today, may her mind be set on heavenly things and not earthly things. (Colossians 3:2)
- I pray the following for both of us Lord so that neither of our minds gets distracted by things that don’t really matter. May we focus on: Whatever is true, noble, right, pure, whatever is lovely, and admirable. If anything is excellent or praiseworthy –may we THINK ON THESE THINGS. (Philippians 4:8)
- When it comes to “patterns to follow,” may _______ not confirm her thinking to the pattern of this world; rather, help her mind to be transformed and be renewed by You. (Romans 12:2)
- God, You know what causes any of us to be drawn away from Your truth. So today turn _______ eyes away from the things that are worthless in Your sight. (Psalm 119:37)
- Also, open _______ eyes so that she sees all the wonderful things You have for her in Your Word. (Psalm 119:18)
- Jesus, wherever and whomever_______ needs to be reconciled to/with please show her how you want her to proceed. (2 Corinthians 4:18)
- It’s easy for all of us to succumb to the lure of the devil. This is especially true when we let our guard down. Guide _______ today in such a way that she will self-controlled and alert. (1 Peter 5:8)
- Open _______ ears (both physically and spiritually). Help her so she doesn’t miss anything you are speaking into her life about. (Romans 10:17)
- There are times we all become “hard of hearing” when it comes to your voice, God. So, as you knock on ________ door to her heart today, I pray she will “hear you.” Prompt her respond to your call on her life. (Revelation 3:20)
- Thank you that you gave me ______ to be my wife. I’m grateful that she has ears to hear you and a heart that is not rebellious when you speak to her. (Isaiah 50:5)
- It’s not enough that we only “listen” to your Word, so I pray that _______ and I will actively be “doers” of what the Bible says. (James 1:22 and James 1:25)
- This is hard for all of us! Please set a guard over _______ mouth so that the words she speaks today will be an encouragement to anyone who hears. (Psalm 141:3)
- If ________ is challenged in her faith today, give her the ability to speak of your love with great boldness. Help her do this even if she feels threatened. (Acts 4:29)
- As _______ talks and communicates with others today, “may the words of her mouth and the meditation of her heart be pleasing in your sight.” (Psalm 19:14)
- We can all get caught up in coarse jokes or foolish talking. I know You can help _______ not to fall into that; but rather be one who points others to thanksgiving. (Ephesians 5:4)
- When it comes to her speech today, may it be full of grace and may _______ know how to answer everyone the way You would have her. (Colossians 4:6)
- And when anyone asks _______ about why she’s a Christ-follower, give her the words to speak boldly and without shame about all that you’ve done in her life. (1 Peter 3:15)
- Give _______ the physical and spiritual strength she needs for each daunting task that she may face. Strengthen her, especially if she is feeling weak today. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
- Your Word says you want us to all to lift up holy hands in prayer. So I do that right now so _______ and I can live together without sinning in anger. (1 Timothy 2:8)
- As You have promised to always be with her, please take hold of _______ right hand. Guide her in everything today. (Psalm 73:23)
- It is _______ desire to do everything well that she sets her hand to and to do it with all her might (as a wife, a mom, etc.); please encourage her today and use me to be an encouragement and to help take some of the burden off of her. (Ecclesiastes 9:10)
- If _______ feels shaky today when it comes to her faith, give her strong legs to be able to stand her ground. (Ephesians 6:13)
- Also, You have marked out the race you want _______ to “run for her life.” So please help her to throw off anything that tries to hold her down or keep her from finishing and being victorious in her life. (Hebrews 12:1)
- When _______ feels stuck in her faith, like she can’t move another foot, lift her out of the mire. Hold her and place her feet on the Solid Rock —Jesus Christ. (Psalm 40:2)
- It’s easy to “slip up” in our walk with you. I am very grateful that I can trust you will guide _______ spiritual walk. Lord, I trust that you will help keep her from slipping. (Psalm 66:9)
- I pray that _______ will be equipped and ready today as she is fitted with the readiness that is hers that comes from the Gospel of peace. May her feet be firmly planted and rooted in your Word (the Bible) today and every day. (Ephesians 6:15)
Steve Wright of Marriage Missions International wrote this prayer sheet.
More from Marriage Missions
Filed under: For Married Men Spiritual Matters
5 responses to “Praying for Wife Head to Toe”
Our wives need the strength in helping us thru our lives in God. A good marriage is both husband and wife working together in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Beautiful. I love that and I believe and trust God that he will answer this prayer and give us the victory as we give him the glory. amen
I just love this. Every marriage is a blessing by God. Every time in this family my wife has been the anchor. She is such a joy and a light in a dark place. We men should all do this for our wives so that we should never take them for granted. God Bless you all.
Thanks Gary, we appreciate your positive affirmation of this article. It’s such a blessing to hear you talk of your wife in this wonderful way. You are obviously blessed, and she is obviously blessed. With God in the middle of our relationship, how could it be any other way? Thanks for sharing.